Table of Contents Hide
Healthcare providers use CPT code 73110 to bill for a complete radiologic wrist examination, which includes a minimum of three views. This procedure involves taking X-ray images of the wrist to help diagnose various conditions such as fractures, dislocations, arthritis, and infections.
Usage of CPT code 73110
- CPT Code 73110 is typically used for patients presenting with the following signs and symptoms:
- Pain in the wrist
- Swelling in the wrist
- Deformity of the wrist
- Decreased range of motion in the wrist
- Bruising or tenderness in the wrist
Interpretation of CPT 73110 code
CPT Code 73110 includes 3 views of the wrist: AP, lateral, and oblique. These views help radiologists examine the wrist bones and soft tissues for fractures, dislocations, arthritis, infections, or tumors.
Billing guidelines for CPT 73110
CPT Code 73110 is unilateral, so it can only be billed once for each wrist. If both wrists require X-rays, the code should be billed twice with the appropriate modifier (LT or RT) to show which wrist was imaged.
Insurance firms often reimburse CPT Code 73110 at a rate of $49.20, but the reimbursement amount may differ based on the insurance company and the patient’s plan.
CPT code 73110 modifiers
The following modifiers are commonly used with CPT code 73110:
- Modifier 26 reports the professional component when the technical component is billed separately.
- Modifier TC indicates a service’s technical component when the professional component is billed separately.
- Modifier 50 is used to report a bilateral procedure when the CPT code does not specify that the procedure is bilateral.
- Modifier 76 is used to indicate a repeat procedure that is performed by the same physician on the same day.
- Modifier 77 is used to indicate a repeat procedure that is performed by a different physician on the same day.
Are there any age restrictions for using CPT code 73110?
N age restrictions for using CPT Code 73110.
How long does a CPT code 73110 procedure take?
Procedure duration may vary, but it typically takes a few minutes to complete the X-ray imaging of the fingers.
Can CPT code 73110 be used for post-operative assessments?
Yes, CPT Code 73110 can be used for post-operative assessments to evaluate the healing progress and detect complications.